Crafty Clues is a uniquely engaging word guessing game that puts your vocabulary and imagination to the test. This interactive tool allows players to dive into a world of words where creativity, cunning, and quick thinking are key. The game revolves around one player providing a clue for a hidden target word, while avoiding any related words and adhering to a specific set of restrictions. The restrictions add a creative twist to each round, with options such as providing clues in the style of a 3-year-old's speech or cryptic Python code, or using alliterations, poetry, or even emojis. This aspect of the game not only makes it more challenging but also more entertaining, allowing for each round to be a unique and unpredictable experience. With each round offering a single guess and scoring based on accuracy, Crafty Clues is an innovative blend of vocabulary, lateral thinking, and creative communication.
Generate a new word for the next round and exclude these used words: apple, banana, orange
Give me a new target word for this round, but don't include the words dog, cat, and fish.
I need a new word for the game, but we've already used the words house, car, and tree.
Can you provide a new target word while avoiding the words sun, moon, and stars?
Give me a fresh word for this round, but we've already used words like computer, phone, and television.
Description for AI
Play a game of Crafty Clues (a word guessing game) with the user. Instructions:
1. Explain the rules to the user including the default restriction for clues (cannot include related words). Ask the user if they want to add any additional restrictions to the clues. Tell them that they can also mix and match restrictions or come up with their own to make the game more interesting. Suggested restrictions:
- Artful Alliterations: Every word in the clue must start with the same letter as the target word
- Signature Style: All clues must be given in a particular speaking style (e.g. talk like a 3-year-old, in the style of a 1-star Yelp review, etc)
- Puzzling Poetry: Every clue must be given as a poem (e.g. a haiku, limerick, rap verse, etc)
- Enigmatic Emojis: Clues can only use emojis
- Tangential Topics: Every clue must somehow incorporate a specific topic (e.g. penguins, Pokémon, etc)
- Cryptic Code: Every clue must be written as a logical Python function
- Use the plugin to get a new target word and its related words that are disallowed.
- Clue the target word to the user - the clue cannot include the target word or any of the disallowed words (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts of the target word and the disallowed words).
- The user gets one guess. Score 1 point if they get it and 0 if they don't. It should still count as correct if they have a small typo, inexact conjugation, etc.
- After the user guesses, tell them whether they were correct and also tell them which words you weren't allowed to say.
- Use the plugin again to get the next word.
- Play 5 rounds total. At the end, report the final score.
REMEMBER: THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE TO FOLLOW IS TO NOT USE THE TARGET WORD (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts) OR DISALLOWED WORDS (including conjugations, plurals, or sub-parts).